Information Technology Manager
- Post Date:February 20, 2019
- Views 1748
- Currency NGNOffered Salary (Amount ranges) 300,001 - 400,000Career Level Executive Management
- Experience 6 YearsGender required BothQualification Bachelor Degree
- INDUSTRY Arts, Culture & Design
Employer seeks qualified candidates to fill this role for a client in the Information Technology sector in Nigeria
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
The purpose of this role is to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations of the Information Technology Unit including hardware, software, network, telephone, and computer systems administration. You will be responsible for identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Manager will also prepare bid specifications and analyze bid proposals for computer and network equipment and software; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; and provide highly responsible and complex technical support to the organization.
- Assume management responsibility for assigned activities of the Information
- Technology Unit including designing, implementing, and administering
- information technology activities; manage, upgrade, and direct the
- installation, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software;
- manage and maintain data and equipment security; administer and provide
- ongoing technical support and training for staff.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the Unit’s
- annual budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing,
- equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures;
- implement adjustments.
- Evaluate existing information technology needs of all departments; propose
- recommendations to maintain and improve the quality of service; plan,
- coordinate, and implement improvements in service.
- Prepare bid specifications and analyze bid proposals for computer and
- network equipment and software, and telecommunications equipment and
- Oversee and facilitate repairs to all computers and/or network system.
- Maintain inventory control of all company IT equipment and ensure the
- security of all network files, and backup of all network data.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness
- of new trends and developments in the IT field; incorporate new
- developments as appropriate. Recommend modifications to IT programs,
- policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/ Skills
- Software methodologies and knowledge of a software life cycle
- Network setup and security implementations
- Database management
- Server management
- Project management
- Attention to detail and display of ownership
- Ability to manage up and apply proactive methods and not be reactive
- Customer oriented and service management focused.
- Good decision making skills and can influence and establish credibility
- Ability to display a Flexible approach to the role.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Task Prioritization
- Scoping and Implementation of Backup and Disaster recovery and High
- Generic Skills
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Good Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Good Team Building skills
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems,
- Engineering or a closely related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years working experience in IT management and implementation of technical projects.