Northern Career and its associates are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We’ve structured our web sites so that, in general, you can visit Northern Career on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your relationship with Northern Career.
This statement regarding the privacy of the personally identifiable information you provide online covers the four foundation principles of fair information: Awareness, Choice, Accuracy & Access, and Security.
What we collect
On some Northern Career web sites, you can order products or services, make requests, and register to receive materials and alerts. The types of personal information collected at these pages are name, contact and billing information, transaction, and credit card information.
In order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services (including registration), we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, work experience, and more detailed contact preferences.
How we use it
NorthernCareer.com uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you advertise vacancies, apply for vacancies, complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalise our web sites for you. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. Our credit card payments are done directly with our Payment Gateway Processor, so the credit card details are not ever sent to NorthernCareer.com.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receiving of such direct communication or market research contact.
Who we share it with
NorthernCareer.com will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to other 3rd parties except in the cases where a user registered as a job seeker has responded to a job advert or when our recruiters contact job seekers with job vacancies available. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other 3rd party entities as described in “how we use it”. Such entities and/or business partners, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements.
NorthernCareer.com will not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first letting you know and offering you a choice. As previously stated, we will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited materials from us and we will do everything we can to honour such requests.
Accuracy & Access
NorthernCareer.com strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information at the NorthernCareer.com site where it was submitted. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personally identifiable information, return to the NorthernCareer.com web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that web page. Certain areas of NorthernCareer.com’s web sites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords.
NorthernCareer.com is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our payment gateway partner, use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
Cookies and your privacy
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this website uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to a website, and to ascertain the most popular features of a website.
NorthernCareer.com makes use of the following cookie tracking technology via Google Inc. :
- Google Analytics features for Display Advertising including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. These enhancements in Google Analytics tracking allow for personalised advertisements (both Text Ads and Display Ads) to be displayed to users on other websites who are part of the Google Display Network and based on their visit to a NorthernCareer.com website.
- NorthernCareer.com makes use of Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites across the Internet.
- NorthernCareer.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a site users past visits to the NorthernCareer.com website.
- Visitors to this NorthernCareer.com website can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. This allows you to control what information the Google Advertising Network collects and stores on your web browsing.
- NorthernCareer.com will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie.
We encourage our site visitors to make use of the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on to customise their privacy settings.
If you wish to know more about cookies and how companies like NorthernCareer.com use them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.allaboutcookies.org. Information on these websites will assist you in exercising your privacy rights providing guidance on how to opt-out of future access or continued storage of information via cookies.